Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikeleye

RESOLVED - ACE + RKSL Air Weapons Pack Usage

Really quick and likely stupid query. Started trying to use the LGBs from the Air Weapons pack (with the 16AA Harrier GR.9), however no matter what we try we can't get the Paveways to lock onto either targets on the BIS radar or a laser spot from a SOFLAM with a FAC on the ground. We've got the RKSL system running, no MMA.

The Mavericks and AAMs seem to lock okay with the 'Next Target' key function but no joy with the Paveways. I've looked at the Readme's and FAQs before posting but am at a loss. Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Nik

Really quick and likely stupid query. Started trying to use the LGBs from the Air Weapons pack (with the 16AA Harrier GR.9), however no matter what we try we can't get the Paveways to lock onto either targets on the BIS radar or a laser spot from a SOFLAM with a FAC on the ground. We've got the RKSL system running, no MMA.

The Mavericks and AAMs seem to lock okay with the 'Next Target' key function but no joy with the Paveways. I've looked at the Readme's and FAQs before posting but am at a loss. Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Nik

Which Paveway are you trying?

Paveway II are only laser

Paveway IV are both laser and IR.

I can't think of anything that would stop the LGB's working unless something is overiding it. What other addons are enabled? Can you post your RPTs?

PS RKSL System isnt used by the weapons pack. Its completely stand-alone.

We were using the GR9 with the 1000lb PvIV and 500lb PvII.

Other major mods running were ACE (not ACEX), Stalker's 3 Rifles (the units we were using if it's of any relevance), and Mando - though no mando HUD on that particular aircraft.

Could it be that ACE changes the laserdesignator quite a lot so the bombs receive no signal?

Ta for the quick reply,

Nik

Could it be that ACE changes the laserdesignator quite a lot so the bombs receive no signal?

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

We dont test with ACE since they change the default game so much its hard to remain compatible for the majority of users. Try asking on the ACE forums, I think they do mess with the base classes though. You'd have to check with them to be sure. You may have to use the ACE laser designator.

I'll have a deeper looksee if it's the ACE changes to laser designation. We did a test with both the default laser designator (which ACE converts into the SOFLAM) and with the TOW laser designator on the RKSL Lynx, the targets showed up on the BIS radar of the Harrier but the bombs still wouldn't lock.

We're giving it a test with the Typhoon now as it may just be the Harrier add-on itself not being configured properly.

Did some thorough testing with ACE and without, and using both the 16AA Harrier and your rather exquisite Typhoon FGR4. It's definately ACE causing it as both aircraft failed to lock with both A-G and A-A weapons with ACE running, but all weapons work fine on both without when using laser designation.

Did some thorough testing with ACE and without, and using both the 16AA Harrier and your rather exquisite Typhoon FGR4. It's definately ACE causing it as both aircraft failed to lock with both A-G and A-A weapons with ACE running, but all weapons work fine on both without when using laser designation.

I knew it would be. We test extensively with the vanilla game and some of the more popular mods. Just not ace. 95% of the time when ACE is mentioned it comes back to them breaking something anyway :D (Don't hate me Sickboy when you read this)

In ACE, you don't "lock" on to the laser, it should automatically track it once dropped like in real life. The bomb just needs to have good line of sight, be on a relatively accurate trajectory and have enough time to correct to the target. ;)

In ACE, you don't "lock" on to the laser, it should automatically track it once dropped like in real life. The bomb just needs to have good line of sight, be on a relatively accurate trajectory and have enough time to correct to the target. ;)

That isn't how they work in real life though!?

Real life, you 'tune' the weapon to a proscribed channel/frequency (so that the weapon hits the proper target), in effect locking on - the seeker will confirm it can see the spot either to the computer release or to the pilot depending on mode and avionics standard. Then either automatically release or warn you via HUD cueing when to release.

The stock system is more realistic than ACE in that respect.