Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B/A-NDIT

MODEL + SCRIPT CONVERSION?

First of all, HI!

I've been a long RKSL Fan monitoring these forums a lot but only decided to make an account here recently (had to make new one lost email :evil: )

Anyways down to seeing the man about the dog!

I had an idea, and was curious as to whether it was possible ( Im' 90% sure it is in theory but legally im unsure )

I would like to convert some of the UK models from JCOVE LITE and implement them into ArmA 2, i would use them as a base, and do extra work on textures and details on the models to bring them up to speed with ArmA2 and maybe even ArmA3 who knows these days :P . Vehicles uch as the Challenger Bridge Varient, some of the LandRovers, maybe the demolition vehicles ( I know their names but i will only get them wrong and be corrected so , "Bulldozer" for now :lol: ) and perhaps some other vehicles depending on how much time i find to convert and polish the vehicles... My main concern is whether or not i would be allowed to do this by BIS ?

(If i cannot publish it that's fine, it can be just for myself , to help make videos etc.)

Thanks before hand guys :D

First of all, HI!

I've been a long RKSL Fan monitoring these forums a lot but only decided to make an account here recently (had to make new one lost email :evil: )

Anyways down to seeing the man about the dog!

I had an idea, and was curious as to whether it was possible ( Im' 90% sure it is in theory but legally im unsure )

I would like to convert some of the UK models from JCOVE LITE and implement them into ArmA 2, i would use them as a base, and do extra work on textures and details on the models to bring them up to speed with ArmA2 and maybe even ArmA3 who knows these days :P . Vehicles uch as the Challenger Bridge Varient, some of the LandRovers, maybe the demolition vehicles ( I know their names but i will only get them wrong and be corrected so , "Bulldozer" for now :lol: ) and perhaps some other vehicles depending on how much time i find to convert and polish the vehicles... My main concern is whether or not i would be allowed to do this by BIS ?

(If i cannot publish it that's fine, it can be just for myself , to help make videos etc.)

Thanks before hand guys :D

Completely and utterly illegal mate. You cant convert anything from JCOVE for any use. Even making video in ArmA2 would not sail I suspect. I seriously doubt even "personal use" would be acceptable. I would talk to BISim before doing anything but from memory the actual owners of JCOVE are the UK MoD. I suspect that they will not want you to rip content from the encoded JCOVE formats to put in a public ArmA2 "unprotected" format. It breaks most of the EULA you agreed to on install.

Technically a lot of them would be useless in ArmA2 since a'lot of their features require the VBS2 engine features that aren't present in ArmA2/OA.

I'd look at making your own stuff first. Sorry to be the downer mate ;)