Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brad

Help with Lynx GPMG

Hi, I love your lynx addon, however the GPMG is difficult to change/replace.

I would like to swap it for the BAF GPMG because it has tracers and a much beefier sound, I am just wondering how on earth I would accomplish this, I have tried all the combinations of this add magazineturret etc but to no avail.

Again, thanks for your work, looking forward to the Tornado GR4 :) thank you.

First off, wrong forum area; this could probably go here. :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69

Anywho, more to your question. You could always make a custom config that changes the properties of the guns. Check out the six config browser* for examples of doorguns and how to make them work in the config. Granted, you can't change the model, but you can change the sound, rate of fire, types of magazines it takes, tracers in the magazines and other properties of the gun. I recommend getting Notepad++ and reading around for some tutorials on how to make your own config.cpp.

* http://browser.six-projects.net/

I've moved to the Support requests area since its more suited to it.

Booce is right, the best way to do this is by using a replacement config. You will need to replace the the weapon and magazine entries in each turret.

So create a new folder in your P drive (it can be called whatever you want, but please dont use our RKSL tag, its considered rude and can cause us problems) called mytag_lynx_gun_replacement. Inside that create a new text document called config.cpp. Make sure you rename the extension properly or it wont work.

class CfgPatches 
{
class mytag_lynx_gun_replacement
{
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredAddons[] = {"rksl_lynx_ah"}; // This is ensures the original Lynx files are loaded with your mod
requiredVersion = 1.0;
};
};
class AllVehicles;
class Air : AllVehicles {};
class Helicopter : Air {};
class rksl_lynx_ah_base : Helicopter {};
class rksl_lynx_ah7_gpmg: rksl_lynx_ah_base
{
class Turrets : Turrets
{
class MainTurret : MainTurret
{
weapons[] = {""};
magazines[] = {""};
};
class RightDoorGun : MainTurret
{
weapons[] = {""};
magazines[] = {""};
};
};
};
class rksl_lynx_ah7_1gpmg: rksl_lynx_ah_base
{
{
{
weapons[] = {""};
magazines[] = {""};
};
};
};
class rksl_lynx_ah7_4tow: rksl_lynx_ah_base
{
{
{
weapons[] = {""};
magazines[] = {""};
};
};
};

Now I dont know the BAF Mag and Weapons classes so you will have to replace the values in the lines shown above & Below, and dont forget to use your own addon tag:

weapons[] = {""};
magazines[] = {""};

Once you've done that save it and pack using the tool of your choice and drop in the same folder as the addon.

The caveat to all this is that I haven't tested this - im not at home atm so dont have the ability to test it myself so some faffing maybe required.

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate your help, I'll start on the new config.

You've really helped me out Thank You, good luck with your Chally 2.

Edit: Hmm, I have made the folder mytag_lynx etc, inside I have the document config.cpp, which contains the information you posted above, edited with the baf classnames, its the packing bit I think is the issue, how shall i pack it? do i Pbo it or is it a special file, after this is done should i put it in the addons folder (containing the PBOs) or the folder above this where you can click on the addons folder? Thanks

Brad