About This File
RKSL Studios presents the Official Port of our Foxhound LPPV.
The Ocelot Foxhound LPPV was specifically designed to meet the UK MoD’s £200m LPPV programme requirements and replace the Snatch Land Rovers in use with the army. The Snatch Land Rovers have been criticised for their inability to provide protection against IEDs and roadside bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The LPPV programme’s objective was to have 400 light protected patrol vehicles production ready by 2010.
The UK MoD purchased two Ocelot Foxhound vehicles for testing in April 2010. The invitation to tender (ITT) was issued in May 2010. In September 2010, the Ocelot Foxhound LPPV was selected under the programme against the contender Supacat and NP Aerospace consortium’s SPV400. An initial £180m order for 200 Ocelot Foxhound vehicles was made through urgent operational requirements (UOR) process in November 2010
In December 2011 a further 100 Ocelot Foxhounds were ordered as part of a £400m package of protected vehicles and Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) technology for British Forces in Afghanistan. The contract was finalised in June 2012. The UK MoD also plans to acquire additional 25 vehicles at a cost of £30m.
ArmA2 to ArmA3
This is an improved port of the original A2 release into the A3 game engine. The model itself is largely unchanged with some minor edits to add features and fix some old material bugs. This version also supports some of the newer A3 features such as texture customisation.
DISTRIBUTION: You may distribute the original .PBO files within this download freely, so long as the PBO files are unmodified and the Readme and EULA files are included.
Under the following conditions:
ATTRIBUTION: You must give the original author credit. The content of this archicve is the sole interlectual property of RKSL Studios and its Creators.
NO COMMERCIAL USE: This content is provided free of charge solely for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.
NO DERIVATIVE WORKS: You shall in no way modify, repackage or reverse engineer any of the archive's content and PBO files included in this download without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios.
NO VBS USE: Use of this SOFTWARE may not be used in the VBS/JCOVE product lines or any other simulator without written authorization from the LICENSOR (RKSL Studios)
DO NOT UPLOAD TO STEAM WORKSHOP: You may not upload to Steam Workshop or any other service that reassigns rights over RKSL Studios Intellectual Property to 3rd Parties.
FULL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT: Common A3 RKSL Studios EULA
POLICY ON RE-UPLOADS FOR STEAM: Any uploads will be met with a DMCA takedown request.
FULL DOCUMENTATION: Foxhound LPPV v3.100
- MRAP capability
- 2x GPMG
- Thermal Imaging all around Cameras
- Thermal Image Reversing Camera
- Turn In/Turn Out on the turrets
- Desert Tan
- NATO Green
- United Nations
A Word About Realism
We strive to make all our addons as realistic as the game engine and our own capabilities allow.
This means that real world speeds and capabilities are simulated where possible. Compromises have and will be made where necessary but we will not downscale or completely cripple an aircraft, system or weapon to fit into the limited spaces some ArmA maps provide.
- GPMG Iron sights - When I asked an RAF Regiment Gunner (that spent 3 tours on the Foxhound) how easy was it to use the iron sights on the Foxhound he replied, "Nearly impossible, the pivot system doesn't let you in most angles unless you are very tall and can twist yourself in knots." When I asked him how he aimed he replied, "Thats what tracers are for".
- Engine Power - The current engine/physx setup approximates the real world power. ArmA simply cannot simulate the range of the real world gearbox. Simply put these are not as fast as the vanilla ArmA MRAPS but they are easier to use at patrol speeds.
It has always been a basic tenant of RKSL Studios design philosophy not to negatively affect other community made content. We do not replace core values or modify anything that will affect the function or experience of others.
We are happy to discuss optional compatibility patches, but will not exclusively adapt our addons to anyone elses Mod standards.
All RKSL Content is tested against the currently available stable build of the Vanilla game and official expansions.
Only milestones are mentioned.
Key: Normal = Development build Bold = Testing Build or Public Release
- 3.100 - PUBLIC RELEASE
- 3.059 - Numerous Fixes
- 3.052 - Limited Release to Friends
- 3.050 - DAR-V Build #9
- 3.044 - Stable internal Test
- 3.039 - Revert to earlier turret build
- 3.031 - Tweaks
- 3.030 - Numerous Fixes
- 3.029 - Turnin/out option added (Huuuge mistake)
- 3.028 - Test Release
- 3.026 - Damper damage drama.
- 3.025 - Revert to modified MRAP01 torque and gearbox settings as its gutless going up hills
- 3.024 - PreRelease Testing - limited circle
- 3.023 - Revert to previous value.
3.019 - Refinements.
- Engine values - real world attempt #3048
- 3.018 - Private Test Build
3.015 - Refinements.
- New Normals map
3.014 - Refinements.
- Upscale bake
- new smdi
- new rvmats
3.014 - Refinements.
- MRAP01 gearbox
3.010 - AI Testing build
- fixes to view and fire geos.
3.008 - Refinements.
- PhysX changes
- new gearbox
- 3.007 - DAR-V Play build
- 3.003 - Internal Test build
3.002 - Improvement build
- Added internal screens
- New rvmats
3.001 - Initial ArmA3 build
- Added PhysX
- 2.05BETA - ArmA2 main release
- 2.04BETA - Internal prerelease build
All known issues are recorded in the Foxhound Bug Tracker. If you find any problems please report them and help make these addons better.
This addons and model is 100% unique and doesnt not incorporate any 3rd party content:
- Model: Messiah ex UKF & RKSL
- Textures: Messiah ex UKF & RKSL
- Turret Animation Setup: Da12thMonkey
- Config: Rock
- Jamo [4IB] - Out of the 20 or so people to test hes the only one to post bugs. Thanks!
- The lads of DAR-V
- Fuller of Task Force 316
- Mathias aka ToxicLemon
Research & Information
- British Army Website
- Ministy of Defence Images
- Ministry of Defence - Defence Equiment and Support - DeSider magazine
- Phil, Chris & Paul RAF Regiment Honington
Dec 25th 2017
What's New in Version 3.100 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.