About This File
This is the "Large WIP" I promised a few days ago. Its part of a larger project that has been kicking around the RKSL team and our friends for a long time. (Possibly the worst kept secret in community history since its been leaked so many times.) Its something that has evolved (read as oozed, crawled and eventually walked) over an extened period of time from the primordial ooze that is my office. (Anyone up for a bit of cleaning?)
* 40.9km x 40.9km Island for ArmA2: Combined Operations
* an ALPHA release and in no way represents anything even closely near finished.
* being released because so many people have asked for it even in its current state.
* completely fictional and completely hand made. No DEMs or other geo data were used in its creation.
* incredibly sparse.
* 20m cell size to help MP performance.
* It has a basic but extensive road network
* 7x working air strips.
* 2 of which are large air bases.
* Large port and docks
* 2km long runways for large jet operations.
* Only one ground texture.
* Lots and lots of issues and require a lot more work.
* some white place holders
* Several Large reservoirs
Ilha Marrom is intended to be the centre stage for a larger community project called Ilhas Africanos. Once I get settled in the new year I'll post more about that. For right now, this is just a taster.
Oh and a tip... try flying the canyons in the Typhoon at speed.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
- This addon is WORK IN PROGRESS. As such don't expect too much.
- There are several issues with the addon. Mostly Cosmetic in nature. You'll have to live with it in the short term.
Project Coordinators: RKSL Rock
Modeling: RKSL Rock
Textures: RKSL Rock
Cpp File: RKSL Rock
Beta Testers: DAR-V,
Documentation: RKSL Rock
Producer: RKSL Studios